Today, thousands of people visit every year Greece’s best-known spa town and one of the most modern and largest hydrotherapy centers in the country. The thermal spring, with its superheated waters, is located just 500 meters from the port of Edipsos and occupies an area of 23,500 square meters. The old hydrotherapy center “Agioi Anargyroi” built before 1950 has been characterized as a listed monument and remains in the area but has given way to a new, model hydrotherapy center that includes:
- 84 Hydro-massage baths (regular baths, special treatment baths, baths for extremities, Scottish shower)
- 10 whirlpool baths
- An outdoor swimming pool with a capacity of 120 people that operates with a mixture of thermal and seawater and serves 15,500 visitors per year
- 2 indoor swimming pools with a capacity of 8 and 10 people
- Physiotherapy with exercise equipment and electrotherapy
- Conference room
Visitors to the thermal spring have the opportunity to see archaeological artifacts found in the area of Edipsos on show at the center’s reception area. The unit supplies water to 17 of the 21 private hydrotherapy centers in the area, while part of the proceeds from sales goes to the Municipality of Edipsos.
Properties of the Edipsos thermal spring waters
The natural healing waters supplying the spa come from five sources.
The spring water is recommended for:
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Nervous system disorders
- Gynecological disorders
- Endocrine disorders
- Skin diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases
Spring water is considered inappropriate for systemic, communicable and malignant diseases, liver and kidney failure.